Significant failure of Camera on new XK X300-F

What is the problem your RC products appear? Post your question here, maybe someone will help you.
Forum rules
What is the problem your RC products appear? Post your question here, maybe someone will help you.
Please provide 【product brand, name, model, pictures and other】related information.
Eddie_Redmond

Significant failure of Camera on new XK X300-F

Post by Eddie_Redmond » Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:57 pm

Hi All,
Recently received new XP X300-F with 5.8 Gig FPV. The drone works really well (as a drone without FPV) but unfortunately, the FPV functionality has failed completely. This was during its first flight, of just 6 minutes duration. Fault was found during preflight setting-up for the second flight. I picked it up immediately on trying to switch on the FPV unit, as it stated "No Contact" or No Connection" on the viewer screen.
I tried to check whether the contacts were clean on the drone/camera connections, but on removal of the camera, I found it was so hot that it actually caused a burn to my hand. Tried a second time, with only 10 seconds of the message appearing on the viewer, I removed the camera and was rewarded with a nice burn to my hand, for a second time.
My main questions are:
  • [1] Does anyone know whether these cameras are "modular" and hence replaceable as a stand-alone component that will connect to the FPV screen unit, or is this pairing a factory-set up during manufacture?
  • [2] Anyone know, from the description provided, whether there is a likely cause, and possibly fixable? I am adept with electronic repair, soldering of fine components, etc.
Best regards and thanks for reading!
From Eddie R
Product Information
  • Manufacturer: XK-Innovations
  • Product: XK X300-F